Guidelines for Participants
The deadline for submitting applications is end of day March 27, 2020. No exceptions. Please visit www.givelocalyork.org to sign up for ongoing information and to submit application.
Participating organizations should read the following guidelines carefully. Participating organizations will be required to review and accept all requirements for participation during the online application process:
Eligibility Requirements for applicant organizations:
- Must be registered with the US Department of Treasury, Section 501(c)(3) and must have tax exempt status, OR be a chapter or affiliate member in good standing of a national organization that has current tax exempt status OR has a current contract with a fiscal agent or sponsor that maintains a 501(c)(3) status. Information provided will be verified using Guidestar.
- Provides services that benefit York County residents
- Has an active and responsible governing body, whose members have no material conflict of interest and a majority of whom serve without compensation, that directs the organization.
- All participants will be required to pay a registration fee for application to be accepted. The fee is $150 if you register before or on February 14, 2020. The fee is $200 if you register on or after February 15, 2020.
- Agrees to be a participant in Give Local York and abide by the guidelines of the program.
GiveGab works with Stripe to process incoming donations and disburse those funds directly within just a few days. Nonprofits will need to register with Stripe in order to participate in Give Local York: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register
Stripe leverages an industry standard tool to verify who you are and that you have the right to act on behalf of the organization either as an employee, board member, representative, or other verified member. No credit checks are performed.
- Give Local York will take place Friday, May 1, 2020. Gifts made through givelocalyork.org during the 24-hour online giving period (12:00am on May 1, 2020 – 11:59:59pm on May 2, 2020) are considered eligible gifts for the event, as well as for Stretch Pool and Prizes.
- The minimum online gift accepted is $10. There is no maximum gift amount or maximum gift per organization. Donors are encouraged to make gifts to multiple organizations of their choice and can do so through a multi-give option on the homepage of givelocalyork.org.
- Gifts can be made using a debit, credit or qualified gift card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express gift card) or an ACH Transfer.
- As with any credit card transaction, there are the typical transaction fees assessed by the credit card companies as well as technology and processing costs to execute the event. GiveGab retains a 3% campaign management fee from all credit card donations on the giving day, capped at $20 per donation. Credit Card processing fees are an additional 2.2% + $0.30 for (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express). The White Rose Leadership Institute keeps NO fees from this event. Donors will be able to opt to cover the entire transaction fee if they wish--which means more dollars back to your cause! Total gifts before fees to your organization will be used as the basis for determining stretch amount.
- Offline gifts will be accepted on May 1, 2020, and are to be entered directly by the nonprofit. The White Rose Leadership Institute reserves the right to audit any submitted offline gift. Offline gifts stay with the organization and are not assessed a fee.
- All gifts, including any fees the donor chooses to cover, are tax deductible and will be for unrestricted use of the designated organization. Gifts may not be used to pay for anything that might be perceived as a material benefit to the donor or Fundholder, including tickets to events, membership fees or other gifts.
- White Rose Leadership Institute, the sponsoring entity, is assessing no fees itself to provide the platform or programming associated with Give Local York.
- The participant should promote the event to its donors through methods of its choosing and leverage the platform and programming provided by Give Local York. Any paid promotional methods utilized by the participant are solely at the participant’s discretion and expense.
- Give Local York will provide a live link to all participants that list the contact and amount information for their donors.
- Donations acknowledgements for tax purposes will be made by GiveGab, our technology partner, electronically via email. The credit card statement will show a charge for each organization that the donor supported. It will show the name of the organization that was donated to. Donor information will not be shared, given or sold to a third party. Participating organization should absolutely follow up with a “thank you,” but this correspondence must not include the amount of the gift or any tax language.
- Give Local York will NOT send acknowledgments for offline gifts. It is the responsibility of the organization to send donor acknowledgments for offline gifts.
- It is prohibited for participant organizations to donate from their own organization to their own organization.
- Organizations will receive all online donations, less any uncovered processing fees, within 5 business days via direct deposit from Stripe as long as the organization’s bank routing and account information has been verified. GiveGab uses a PCI Level I compliant payment service to ensure that all financial data is secure.
- A full report indicating total amount raised online, offline, stretch and prizes will be provided within 45 days of the event.
Stretch Pool Participation:
All gifts up to $10,000 will be eligible for a bonus gift from the Stretch Pool. For gifts greater than $10,000, the first $10,000 will be considered for the Stretch Pool distribution.
The White Rose Leadership Institute determines the Stretch Pool percentage at the conclusion of Give Day. After careful review of every gift made on Give Day, an announcement will be made to participating organizations via email within 45 days of the event.
Participating organizations will receive a proportional share of a “stretch pool” of funds. The proportional share will be based on the total dollars raised by the individual participating organization during the 24-hour period in relation to total dollars raised by all participating organizations. Example: If the participating organization raises 2% of total funds raised by all participating organizations during the designated 24-hour period, the participating organization will receive 2% of the stretch pool. However, to prevent substantial donations from skewing the allocation of Stretch Pool funds, maximum donations of $10,000 per donor, per nonprofit organization will qualify for matching funds.
GIVE LOCAL YORK MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS THE SUCCESS OF GIVE LOCAL YORK OR OF ANY INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT AND IN NO WAY, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, GUARANTEES ANY RESULTS OR AMOUNTS OF DONATIONS.