Give Local York Board Kickoff Guide
At your next board meeting, have a Give Local York kickoff! Set aside 20-30 minutes to discuss your organization’s Give Local York goals and how your board members can help you achieve them! Involving your board early on in the Give Local York planning process can have a great impact on your overall success. You can use this Kickoff Guide to start building excitement and support from your engaged board.
1. Introduction of Give Local York
You can pull all of this information from the Give Local York FAQ page here before your kickoff!
- What is it?
- When is it?
- Who is hosting it?
- What communities does it serve?
- Why is your organization participating?
2. Overview of Past Achievements
Have you participated in a Giving Day in the past? Take the time to reflect on your past experiences and remind your team of the lessons learned!
- How much have you been able to raise?
- How many donors have you engaged? Have you acquired new donors?
- Did you obtain any matching funds? Sponsors?
- Did you utilize any new tools or platforms?
- What did you learn? How can you improve?
3. Specific Goals for Give Local York 2020
Before you jump into strategy, think about what you’d like your organization’s internal Give Local York goals to be. Starting here will help your team focus on better goal specific strategies when preparing for Give Local York !
- How much do you hope to raise?
- What projects, programs, or causes are you raising money for?
- How many donors do you hope to reach? How many new? How many recurring?
- How do you plan on communicating with your supporter base?
- How much in sponsorship matching dollars, prizes, and challenge incentives does your organization hope to secure?
- What are your top internal goals? What will be your top external goals?
4. How Your Board Members Can Help on Give Local York
One of the most important aspects of your Give Local York is making it clear to your board members why their support is important and how they can help your organization make a difference. There are so many ways in which your board can play a part in your organization’s success, and providing several clear calls to action will make it easier for your board members to actively participate and help you achieve your goals!
- Serve on a Give Local York specific committee
- Board Sponsored Matching Dollars or Challenge Incentive
- Leverage their connections in the community to solicit financial or social partnerships around Give Local York
- Serve as Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers and fundraise on behalf of your organization during Give Local York
- Enlist social ambassadors to help your organization expand their reach on social media by spreading the word to their networks
- Act as donor stewardship liaisons to help thank your Give Local York supporters and begin fostering relationships
- Assist in hosting a special event for your organization and its supporters on Give Local York
5. Next Steps and Communication Plans for Give Local York
After you’ve kicked off Give Local York with your board members, you’ll likely have lots of great ideas flowing. Don’t lose that momentum! Make sure your organization has a clear communication plan for how you’ll stay in touch with your board members as you prepare and plan for Give Local York !
- Send a weekly or bi-weekly newsletter focused specifically on your Give Local York planning. Share your goals, exciting announcements, and provide clear opportunities and action steps your board members should take to help you succeed.
- Continue to include Give Local York in your regular board meetings as you prepare for the event.