Host a Give Local York Party
Tell us about your event! Give Local York is a celebration - so let's celebrate! We'll post all the events we hear about on our Events page, so tell us about yours!
Want to be a part of the First Friday action in Downtown York?
- To set up in Continental Square, submit this form to Downtown Inc (don't worry about the fee listed; it's waived for GLY participants!)
- To set up on North Beaver Street (between Market & Philadelphia Streets), submit this form to the Market District Team. Exhibitors on North Beaver Street must offer a game or family-friendly activity.
- To set up on South Beaver Street (between Market & King Streets), submit this form to the South Beaver Street Team. Exhibitors on South Beaver Street must offer a game or family-friendly activity.
Create excitement (and maybe some healthy competition) among your friends to support your fundraising campaign by hosting a Give Local York celebration! Check the leader boards, watch the total money raised grow and invite your friends to be a part of the live action on May 3, 2019.
Looking for event ideas? Check out some of the events that took place during Lancaster's Extraordinary Give.
- Connect your laptop and display the Give Local York leader boards-remember to refresh the page to watch the numbers increase!
- Make a laptop or tablet available to your guests with your page loaded and ready to donate on. (Log off of your personal account first).
- Send a link to your free agent fundraising page to your friends, so they can donate on their phones during the party.
- Get Festive! Hang Give Local York signs or post yard signs.
- Get Social! Take pictures of the party to post on your Facebook page or to tweet to your followers. Make sure to include a link to your free agent fundraising page in all of your posts and tweets! #GiveLocalYork
- Reconnect - Use your Give Local York party to bring old friends back together.
- Bring a dish to pass - Keep your party in budget by hosting a Give Local York potluck.
- Motivate - Let your guests know about the great work done by the nonprofit you are raising money for. Pass out flyers, give a short introduction, or reach out to the nonprofit to invite a staff member to your celebration.
Want more tips? Chat with the GiveGab Customer Success team or email with any questions or suggestions.