Terms of Agreement
To be a participating organization, please carefully read this in its entirety. As part of the 2024 online registration form on GiveLocalYork.org your organization will digitally submit your acceptance of the terms of this agreement.
The term of this agreement is from execution until December 31, 2024.
Give Local York 2024 Term Agreement Requirements
Your organization is eligible to participate in Give Local York as defined by the terms listed below. As an organization participating in Give Local York, the White Rose Leadership Institute asks that you certify the following information:
The Incorporation Status of the Organization
● 501(c)3 Public Charity, including Section 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), 509(a)(3) Type I & Type II
● Operates under the fiscal sponsorship of an organization type listed above
● Private Operating Foundations
● War Veterans’ Organization under 501(c)19 & 501(c)23 with a 90% war veteran membership rating
● Church / Religious Institution or Governmental Unit
Supporting Documentation: Your organization must check all required fields and submit this online Terms and Agreement along with required supporting documents in the online registration form in order to participate.
- Proof of EIN & 501(c)3 Determination:
● A copy of your 501(c)3 determination letter from the IRS, which includes your EIN Number OR
● A copy of your fiscal sponsor’s 501(c)3 determination letter from the IRS, which includes the EIN Number and a letter documenting the relationship with a fiscal sponsor, signed by your fiscal sponsor.
To participate in Give Local York, all organizations must comply with the following:
- Agree that the registration fee is non-refundable and that organizations are responsible for registering for Give Local York during the designated registration period.
- Certify that all information provided on the registration form is accurate. Once registered, information cannot be changed by the organization or Give Local York. Any organization that falsely reports its information will be determined ineligible to participate.
- Agree that Give Local York will keep my organization’s information confidential and will use the information to determine eligibility for prizes, GiveLocalYork.org search and leaderboard categories, and post-giving day data analyses.
- Be headquartered in or provide services to residents of York County.
- Provide proof of filing your most recent IRS 990 form and EIN number for verification.
- Acknowledge that in addition to Give Local York’s verification of organizational participation, each organization must be approved by our platform provider’s verification process to confirm eligibility to receive tax-deductible donations.
- Agree to notify Give Local York within 30 days should the nonprofit organization cease, substantially reduce its operations, or should the Internal Revenue Service propose to revoke its Section 501(c)(3) status.
- Set up an organizational Stripe account on GiveLocalYork.org in order to directly receive online donations made to the organization within 5-7 business days of the transaction.
- Maintain an atmosphere free of conduct that is discriminatory, harassing, coercive, or disruptive, including sexual harassment, in all interactions with Give Local York staff and representatives. Prohibited harassment includes unwelcome actions, words, jokes, or comments based on any legally protected characteristic, such as an individual’s sex, race, color, national origin, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, military, or veteran status. If a participating organization is found to engage in discriminatory policies and procedures towards the aforementioned populations, the White Rose Leadership Institute/Give Local York reserves the right to reconsider the organization’s eligibility in Give Local York. These adjustments in eligibility include but are not limited to suspension or termination.
- Acknowledge that the organization is solely responsible for cultivating each donor and that Give Local York is only responsible for providing a tax receipt. An email tax receipt is sent immediately after a completed transaction.
- Agree that any gifts processed outside of the Give Local York donation period or subsequent recurring donations are subject to transaction fees outlined on the GiveGab.com pricing page: http://info.givegab.com/pricing.
- Agree that each gift processed through GiveLovelYork.org is 100% tax-deductible. No goods or services are exchanged for gifts or as payment for ‘quid pro quo’ items.
- GiveLocalYork.org allows individuals to donate to organizations on their own initiative and it is not intended as a vehicle to facilitate gifts that the organization has solicited through other means (Example: payment of membership, existing sponsorship, or pledge payments)
- Agree that Give Local York will release Stretch and prize funds, as well as designated offline gifts via electronic funds transfer by the middle of June 2024.
- Agree that gifts will be donated to organizations in full, excluding any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor (90.38% of fees were covered in 2023).
- Agree that organizations will use the GiveLocalYork.org giving platform to solicit donations for the giving day.
- Agree that gifts received on GiveLocalYork.org will NOT be used for the following purposes and that the organization, its representatives, or its agents, will NOT solicit donations through GiveLocalYork.org for such purposes: To support a political campaign. To purchase event or raffle tickets. To pay for a membership, dinner, or any other activity that provides benefit to the donor. To pay for personal expenses, including tuition incurred by a director, officer, or employee of your organization or any of their relatives.
- Agree that gifts made online via GiveLocalYork.org during the YCCF DAF early giving period, as well as offline gifts will count towards the Stretch Pool, but are not eligible for prizes.
- Acknowledge that awarded prizes are subject to audit and will be finalized up to seven business days following the giving day.
- Agree that prizes may be revoked or withheld if donations or matches can’t be validated or if donations do not qualify as “Unique Donations,” including falsifying donor email addresses or matches.
- Acknowledge that a “Unique Donation” is defined as one gift of $5 or more to one organization from one donor. Anyone who attempts to game the system risks being caught in our audit.
- Agree that in the event of ties, prizes will be split evenly.
- Agree that organizations can win only one competitive "unique donor"/hourly prize (First Hour, Revolution, ACNB, Doceo, Happy Hour, etc.) but IS eligible for additional challenge, "random," and match prizes.
Peer-to-Peer & Matching Fundraising Campaigns
- Agree that individuals or groups raising funds for an organization through peer-to-peer fundraising cannot offer incentives (time, product, or consideration) in exchange for gifts made through GiveLocalYork.org.
- Agree that any offline gifts uploaded through the organization’s administrative dashboard are subject to verification by Give Local York. If an organization cannot provide proof of the offline gift (i.e., a scanned copy of the check, email from donor, etc.), the organization will be required to remove it from their profile.
- Agree to publicize participation with Give Local York in all appropriate outlets, such as the organization’s website, newsletters, and email communications, and to use the official and current 2024 versions of the Give Local York logos and trademarks when doing so. Give Local York grants you a revocable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use its logos and trademarks solely for such purposes.
- Agree if the organization engages in social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn, etc.), usage will be in a reasonable and appropriate way to support Give Local York using the hashtag #GiveLocalYork and GiveLocalYork.org.
- Agree that Give Local York will be the primary contact for all major media outlets, including TV, radio, print, and online, and will coordinate all campaign coverage, promotion, and interviews.
- Acknowledge that Give Local York has the right to use images uploaded to profiles and photos posted on social media with the hashtag #GiveLocalYork for Give Local York marketing purposes. The organization will be credited.
- Acknowledge that Give Local York selects organizations to be featured in media and marketing campaigns based on several things such as organization size (i.e., annual budget), service location, cause, story, media preference, and availability. Some are also offered up by randomization.
- Certify that, to the best of your knowledge, all information entered into our GiveLocalYork.org profile is accurate and correct.
- Agree to complete an annual profile update, participate in surveys, and use GiveLocalYork.org in the spirit in which it was created.
- Agree that if an organization is ineligible to participate, Give Local York may remove the organization’s profile from GiveLocalYork.org at its sole discretion.
Additional Requirements for Give Local York 2024
Participating organizations must complete their online profiles, be approved by Give Local York to participate, and be approved to receive donations by GiveGab by Give Day. Organizations will be able to make edits to their profile at any time.
This year, registration in Give Local York comes with free participation in our new year-round giving platform, GLY365! Participation in GLY365 will be required in order to participate in Give Local York Big Give Day. For more information, visit [link].
Organizations are highly encouraged to utilize the training opportunities and materials provided by Give Local York to increase their fundraising success during Give Local York. These support materials include toolkits, webinars, and in-person/virtual training sessions.
Give Local York provides the following:
Visibility to potential donors - Training Opportunities - Donation Platform - Donor Data – Branding Assets & Materials - Promotion and Media - Customer Service - Give Local York Prize Incentives
Give Local York will not share or sell donor information to any other organization or entity but does reserve the right to communicate with donors for the purpose of user surveys, newsletters, and general education about philanthropy.
While Give Local York strives to provide its participants with the best possible experience, we rely on third parties to administer and facilitate the online giving platform and, therefore, disclaim any implied or expressed warranties related to the functionality of that platform.
By entering into the Term Agreement, you understand and agree that Give Local York is in no way responsible for malfunctions in that platform, including, but not limited to, service interruptions, lost data, donation accounting errors, or software malfunctions, and, therefore, you agree to assume these risks and hold Give Local York harmless for any such incident.
Giving Day Fees
Registration: Registration fees cover your participation in Give Local York by giving access to all training and support materials, resource toolkit, access to additional funding from the Stretch and Prize Pools, increased visibility through local media platforms, as well as exposure to potential donors on Give Day.
November-December 31, 2023: $200
January 1 to February 16, 2024: $250
February 16 to March 29, 2024: $275
Post-deadline registrations may be accommodated on a case-by-base basis at a registration fee of $300.
Platform Fees: GiveLocalYork.org is a cost-effective and successful fundraising platform. GiveGab retains a 3% campaign management fee from all donations.
Offline Gift Fees: Beginning in 2022, the White Rose Leadership Institute will be collecting a 1% Host Fee on all offline donations that are made on Give Day. The funds raised by this fee will go directly into event production and support to make Give Local York possible. This 1% will be deducted from the organization’s Stretch Pool payout.
CH Transfer Fees: Users can also make a gift using their ACH checking account. Donations of $100 or more are eligible for ACH transfer and will incur a $3 flat fee in addition to the 3% platform fee.
On average, organizations took home 99.28% of the gifts received, costing an organization $0.72 for every $100 raised.
100% of all donations are tax-deductible for the donor.
Give Local York is a 501(c)3 charitable organization and prioritizes raising incentive funds to benefit all participating organizations.
Give Local York reserves the right to amend, modify, or waive any of the previous terms and conditions without your consent and interpret and construe these terms and conditions at its sole discretion.
You certify that your organization is in good standing with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the IRS and is not in violation of any applicable state or federal law, ordinance, or regulation. You understand and agree that participation in Give Local York does not constitute an endorsement by the White Rose Leadership Institute/Give Local York or any partner of our organization or mission.
You further represent that all of the information supplied in the registration form is correct and that you understand and accept the terms and conditions of the Terms of Service and Agreement incorporated herein by reference. You represent that you have all of the requisite authority to bind your organization to the Term Agreement. You agree to notify Give Local York immediately in writing of any change that would cause the representations in this form to become incorrect or incomplete.
You agree to attempt to resolve any claim relating to this Term Agreement, relating to any services provided by Give Local York, or in any way arising from the relationship with Give Local York, its officers, directors, employees, agents, or service providers through mediation before initiating any formal legal proceeding. This Term Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the state of Pennsylvania.
You can agree to these terms and conditions on the registration form at GiveLocalYork.org.